These tables concentrate on two distinct pieces of data: CCTV in vehicles and seating restrictions and maximum number of passengers. How does your council compare?
COUNCIL CCTV TABLE
1. Is CCTV mandatory? Answered as YES or NO.
2. Is CCTV allowed in hackneys and private hire vehicles? Answered as YES or NO or N/A.
3. Do the council subsidise the cost of installation? Answered as YES or NO.
4. Exceptions are listed as symbols.
VEHICLE SEATING SURVEY
1. Is there a limit to the number of seats in MPVs? Answered as YES or NO.
2. Is there a requirement for the removal of seats for back row access? Answered as YES or NO.
3. Is there a passenger limit in force? Answered as NUMBER ALLOWED.
There are a number of unitary authorities which govern the fees for various licensing authorities. Click here to see a full list as your licensing authority might be among them.
● = Has to comply with ICO specification
● = Council permission required
● = Council consulting at present
HC = CCTV allowed in hackney carriages only
A = Application for modification required
PS = Council pay up to 50% installation (max £250)
* = Must meet TfL standards
✝︎ = Conditions apply, consult with council
M = On individual merit application
R = Obligatory removal if access restricted
GAP = 250mm gap needed for entry